Did a good deal turn out to be high-priced Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Houston? You’re in good company because you’re not alone.
Regrettably, most Texas auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. U.S. consumers could save approximately $859 a year, but they underestimate the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Houston.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Houston is to realize all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including driver details, whether you drive to work or school, if the car is leased, and if your license is active. The data is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates instantly.
To compare multiple company affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$378||$584||$564||$34||$168||$1,728||$144|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$206||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$542||$430||$26||$128||$1,396||$116|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$198||$478||$560||$34||$168||$1,438||$120|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$302||$620||$444||$26||$132||$1,524||$127|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$326||$774||$520||$30||$156||$1,806||$151|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$422||$584||$564||$34||$168||$1,772||$148|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$404||$924||$520||$30||$156||$2,034||$170|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$176||$352||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$354||$718||$486||$28||$146||$1,732||$144|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$362||$672||$520||$30||$156||$1,740||$145|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$286||$632||$404||$24||$122||$1,468||$122|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$376||$836||$444||$26||$132||$1,814||$151|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$292||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,352||$113|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$196||$360||$486||$28||$146||$1,216||$101|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$334||$580||$582||$34||$174||$1,704||$142|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$372||$620||$444||$26||$132||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$452||$828||$582||$34||$174||$2,070||$173|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$446||$924||$520||$30||$156||$2,076||$173|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$414||$738||$444||$26||$132||$1,754||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can revise price quotes substantially.
Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates by gender
The chart below compares Dodge Ram 2500 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Tricks in auto insurance advertising
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads seem to make the promise that drivers can save some big amount if you change your policy. Is it even possible that every company can lower your car insurance rates? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, a preferred risk may need to be a married male, carries full coverage, and has a short commute. A customer who fits that profile may get the lowest rates in Houston and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who do not fit the ideal profile will have to pay higher prices which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings. This really drives home the point why you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Houston.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Houston, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge Ram 2500 with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t overlook these eight Dodge Ram 2500 insurance discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Ram 2500 insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy life insurance.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for signing up online.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Houston can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, early bird, accident-free, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Houston. To find car insurance companies that offer discounts in Houston, click here to view.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agents in Houston who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Houston that are able to give price quotes.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability coverages – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your Ram 2500 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Ram 2500 to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, dental work, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, vandalism, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to save on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Houston is possible both online in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)