The vehicle model to be insured is a significant factor when shopping for low-cost coverage for handicapped drivers. Vehicles with economical engines, good safety features, or a positive history of liability claims will cost much less to insure than high performance models. The next list showcases auto insurance rates for a handful of the cheapest automobiles to insure.
|Insured Vehicle||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,319|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,436|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,449|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,534|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,566|
|Ford Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,571|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$1,586|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,594|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,603|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,612|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$1,620|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,677|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,680|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,713|
|Start a Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Houston, TX which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
Looking at the numbers, you can infer that makes and models like the Honda CR-V, Volkswagen Jetta, Honda Accord, Toyota Prius, and Honda Odyssey should be some of the most affordable vehicles to insure for drivers with handicaps.
For drivers with handicaps, one of the big things that are used to help calculate the annual cost of car insurance is where you keep your car. More densely populated places tend to have higher rates, whereas areas that tend to be more rural benefit from lower coverage costs.
The table below shows the priciest cities in Texas for handicapped drivers to purchase auto insurance in. Houston ranks #3 with an annual rate of $1,909 for car insurance, which is approximately $159 monthly.
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Table data uses approximated as the specific geographic location can affect price quotes noticeably.
Selecting a good quality auto insurance provider is hard considering how many choices there are in Houston. The information listed below could help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping insurance around for handicapped drivers. The rankings below are only comprised of the companies with a significant amount of written premium nationwide, so companies with more of a regional focus will not be included in the list.
Top 10 Major Auto Insurers in Houston Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Major Auto Insurers in Houston Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Get discount Houston auto insurance
Insurance companies that provide coverage for handicapped drivers may have price discounts that can lower rates by as much as 35% or more if you qualify. A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, switch companies, business and professional, teen driver, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, student away at school, accident-free, driver’s education, safe vehicle, good student, and passive restraint.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, and good student.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows the price with no discounts. The second bar shows the rates with vehicle safety, passive restraint, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multiple policy discounts applied. When drivers take advantage of discounts, theamount saved on car insurance for handicapped drivers is 28% or $717.
How to find economical insurance for handicapped drivers
It’s not impossible to find cheaper rates, and here are many thrifty ideas that can help you get more affordable coverage.
- Higher deductibles mean lower rates
- Do not pay for full coverage if not needed
- Avoid getting citations and tickets
- Earn discounts for being claim-free
- Avoid preventable accidents
- Look for cheaper rates once a year by shopping around
The last idea is extraordinarily significant, as we pointed out in the prior information. Prices charged by companies can be changed at any time, so drivers shouldn’t be resistant to switch carriers if a cheaper rate is available. Staying with the same car insurance company is fine, but it’s not a great idea if that loyalty ends up costing a small fortune year after year. In just a few minutes you could compare prices and find cheaper insurance for handicapped drivers in Houston.
If you aren’t clear which coverage you need and would like to get some professional advice when trying to find lower insurance rates for drivers with handicaps, the agents below can probably answer your questions and help you decide which car insurance company is the best fit. To locate a Houston auto insurance agent nearest to you, click the button below the list or click here to compare price quotes.
- Sean Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0555
- Craig Insurance Agency
1020 Bay Area Blvd # 100 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-2733
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556