Have you had enough of not being able to scrape enough together each month for auto insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other Texas drivers.
It’s astonishing, but most consumers in Texas have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could pocket nearly 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
You have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find a good deal for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Houston.
This information will help you learn the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you should be able to save money using the techniques covered below. But Texas vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to sell online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Texas
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cheap Houston insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Houston can help you save on insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their company to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To locate insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from Houston car insurance agents
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is still important in Houston.
After completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Houston who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Houston for you
When finding a local agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Houston are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Houston exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Houston?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Budget-conscious Subaru Crosstrek insurance is available on the web in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your Subaru Crosstrek insurance prices in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with the smaller companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Houston? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)