Paying low cost coverage rates for Chevy Aveo insurance in Houston could be frustrating for drivers who have little experience quoting coverage prices online. With more and more companies competing online, it can easily be a challenge to find the best coverage rates.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,679, drivers could pocket 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper car insurance rates.
It’s important to compare rates periodically because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Chevy Aveo insurance in Houston a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Aveo insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to lower your car insurance rates in Houston.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Chevy Aveo insurance in Houston
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to spy on driving manner remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-line Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower car insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, driver training, defensive driver, good student, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-car, good student, save driver, continuous insurance, driver training, IntelliDrive, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, defensive driving, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, mature driver, teen driver, good student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, renters, multi-policy, and claim free.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driving training, driver’s education, good driver, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-policy, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, good driver, age of vehicle, and accident-free.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. For a list of companies who offer cheap Chevy Aveo insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Aveo insurance in Houston is to know the trick car insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including if a SR-22 is required, how much coverage you want, daily mileage, and the type of vehicles you drive. That information gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare cheaper Chevy Aveo insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Houston.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$206||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,276||$106|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$572||$388||$24||$116||$1,386||$116|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$256||$486||$358||$22||$108||$1,230||$103|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Houston location which can affect auto insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Aveo insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can affect Chevrolet Aveo auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Houston that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Houston, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
The following are Houston insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Chevy Aveo insurance in Houston.
- Craig Insurance Agency
1020 Bay Area Blvd # 100 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-2733 – View Map
- Allrisc Insurance Agency
6918 Corporate Dr – Houston, TX 77036 – (713) 771-6000 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Aveo in Houston, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Aveo
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for doctor visits, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like loss of income, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Aveo to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Persistence pays off
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Houston can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
When getting Houston auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)