Purchasing the cheapest Houston Porsche 911 insurance quotes can appear to be rather challenging for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing prices over the internet. With literally dozens of online companies, how can Houston drivers efficiently compare all the different companies and get the best available rates?
Sad but true, most auto insurance buyers in Texas kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. American consumers could save themselves 47% a year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
Consumers need to quote other rates at least once a year because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rates on Porsche 911 insurance in Houston six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Cheap Porsche insurance rate quotes in Houston
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$608||$430||$26||$128||$1,428||$119|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$502||$366||$22||$110||$1,234||$103|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$416||$966||$366||$22||$110||$1,880||$157|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$538||$1154||$514||$30||$154||$2,390||$199|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$234||$502||$310||$18||$94||$1,158||$97|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$632||$400||$24||$120||$1,434||$120|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$416||$1006||$400||$24||$120||$1,966||$164|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$258||$632||$366||$22||$110||$1,388||$116|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$582||$1120||$324||$20||$96||$2,142||$179|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$248||$536||$358||$22||$108||$1,272||$106|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$386||$828||$392||$24||$118||$1,748||$146|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$512||$1192||$358||$22||$108||$2,192||$183|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$288||$644||$366||$22||$110||$1,430||$119|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$758||$1542||$424||$26||$128||$2,878||$240|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in Houston location which can change price quotes noticeably.
Age, gender, and Porsche 911 insurance
The information below illustrates the comparison of Porsche 911 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower rates by qualifying for these ten discounts
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- E-sign – A few larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Houston auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Houston and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Houston.
Getting quotes from local Houston car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Houston that provide free Houston auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Houston?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, court costs, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, ambulance fees, surgery and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your 911 to save money on collision insurance.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Porsche 911 insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, high prices or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Low-cost Porsche 911 insurance in Houston is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)