Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Volkswagen CC insurance in Houston? Say no more because there are lots of people in the same boat.
Shockingly, most car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Most drivers in Texas could save 70% a year, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Due to the fact that there are so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Volkswagen CC in Houston, it can be challenging to pick the lowest cost car insurance company.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates quite often because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Volkswagen CC insurance in Houston a year ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding CC insurance online, but we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to buy car insurance cheaper in Houston.
Best Volkswagen CC insurance price quotes in Texas
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$396||$908||$496||$30||$148||$1,978||$165|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$412||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,734||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific Houston garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates considerably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can increase Volkswagen CC insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males versus females in Houston
The example below compares Volkswagen CC auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Volkswagen CC yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates. Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Combine home and auto and save – Most larger auto insurance companies give discounts to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Get married and get better costs – Having a spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a dented fender, damage caused by hail, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Prices can be impacted by your job – Jobs such as lawyers, executives and emergency personnel generally have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like farmers, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Men tend to take more risk – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- Loss probability for a Volkswagen CC – Insurers use statistical claims data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the loss history for Volkswagen CC vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen CC Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen CC 2WD 132 99 119 99 108 103 Volkswagen CC 4WD 162 134
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Houston car insurance quote.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- E-sign Discounts – A few auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application over the internet.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, homeowner, mature driver, bundle discounts, good student, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good driver, online quote, good student, anti-theft, renters, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- Allstate includes discounts for early signing, passive restraint, EZ pay plan discount, good payer, senior citizen, and 55 and retired.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Houston. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Houston, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Houston.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Houston that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Houston exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Houston is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for College Students in Houston? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)