Think you have overpriced Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Houston? You’re preaching to the choir because there are lots of Houston residents who feel the same.
Sadly, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in the United States could save about $860 a year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
People have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Houston.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates quite often because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best quotes on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Houston a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Atlas insurance online, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to slash your auto insurance rates in Houston.
Finding and comparing the best policy in Houston is quite easy. Just about every vehicle owner who needs lower cost auto insurance will be able to find better rates. But Texas consumers need to learn how companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Texas. The quickest method to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to call or drive to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting Volkswagen Atlas insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the advice and guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can price shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Earn discounts on Houston auto insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Houston car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies will give a small break get Houston car insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have better prices if you take out life insurance.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, youthful driver, mature driver, business and professional, and distant student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, air bags, federal employee, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including TimeAway discount, early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide has discounts for anti-theft, easy pay, defensive driving, good student, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Volkswagen Atlas Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Men are more aggressive – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
Premiums and your address – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims Residents of big cities have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Marriage is a good thing – Being married actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
No coverage gaps is important – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Pay more by driving carelessly – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one moving violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Better auto insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft.
Safer occupants lowers auto insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
Save money by raising deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Volkswagen. Examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Houston that can give you comparison quotes for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Houston.
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which family members are covered?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
After you get reasonable responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an provider that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy. But remember, you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for a certain time period.
Cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Houston can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Houston? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)