Are you regretting buying high-priced Scion xD insurance in Houston? Trust us, many Houston consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Houston insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Many insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest cost out there.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best price on Scion xD insurance in Houston six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Houston can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Houston car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to view providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Houston, follow this link.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$252||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can impact auto insurance rates substantially.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Scion xD insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Scion xD insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Scion xD annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Four Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower insurance prices. Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Scion. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Save money with good credit – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Scion xD by repairing your credit.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Amount of liability – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Houston who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does their agency support local causes in Houston?
- How many years have they been established?
- If they are an independent agency in Houston, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Houston?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Houston that are able to give price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
Once you have received good feedback and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Buying the right Scion xD insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Scion xD in Houston, buying auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Scion, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Scion for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Scion and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some companies may not offer price quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Scion xD insurance in Houston is available both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)