Would you like to buy low-cost Scion xB insurance in Houston? Did budget coverage turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Houston drivers feel the same as you.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. The average driver in America could save almost $850 a year, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop their coverage around.
Many insurance companies vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the absolute best rates possible on Scion xB insurance in Houston.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons periodically because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Scion xB insurance in Houston six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Scion xB insurance in Houston is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as if you went to college, if it has an anti-theft system, if you’re married, and what you do for a living. Your rating data is submitted instantly to multiple car insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company affordable Scion xB insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates greatly.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Scion xB insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your xB, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Scion for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Scion xB and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Score discounts to get cheaper Houston auto insurance rates
Some providers do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Scion could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Houston car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new xB is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap xB insurance.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, passive restraint, good student, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include bundle discounts, good student, business and professional, early shopping, and distant student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, air bags, membership and employees, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, air bags, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, business or organization, accident-free, family plan, and easy pay.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When getting free Houston car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Houston, click here to view.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to companies in Houston who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What companies can they write with?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How are claims handled?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Houston can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent agents in Houston that can give you price quote information.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What are good deductibles for a Scion xB?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Persistent drivers can save
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Scion xB insurance car insurance rates in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Houston car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Cheaper Scion xB insurance in Houston can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)