How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper Tesla Model X insurance in Houston? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an expensive auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Houston consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in the U.S. can save $860 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for Tesla Model X insurance in Houston.
It’s a good idea to compare rates at least once a year because rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Tesla Model X insurance in Houston a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the best rates in Houston can initially seem challenging. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers just have to know the fastest way to find the lowest price online.
Cheapest companies for Tesla Model X insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The following are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Tesla Model X by improving your rating.
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
More stress means more cost – Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Vehicles with better crash test results lower car insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Paperless Signup – Some car insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Model X insurance in Houston.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for professional/association, multi-policy, type of vehicle, good student, annual mileage, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, switch companies, teen driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Allstate offers discounts for economy car, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, resident student, and auto/life discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, membership and employees, driver training, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
If you are trying to find low cost Houston auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Houston. To locate companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Houston who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to find a good Houston insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Houston exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are independent agencies in Houston that can give you price quote information.
If you receive good feedback to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage. But remember, you have the power to terminate your policy at any point so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any specific company for the entire policy term.
Will you really save $462 on car insurance?
Texas consumers can’t escape the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you can save if you move to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can charge lower premium rates? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies offer their best rates for the type of insured that earns them the most money. One example of this type of risk profile might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A driver who meets those qualifications will probably get cheap rates as well as cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside these stringent criteria will see higher premium rates and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make those statements. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to do a quote comparison often. It’s not possible to predict with any certainty which company will provide the lowest Tesla Model X insurance in Houston.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Tesla Model X insurance rates in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents. Cheap Tesla Model X insurance in Houston can be bought both online and with local Houston insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Retired Military in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)