Feel like you have an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are many Houston drivers thinking the same thing.
Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers can cut their rates by nearly 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched. Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Kia Amanti in Houston, it’s difficult to find the lowest price insurance provider.
It’s important to shop coverage around as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Kia Amanti insurance in Houston at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can search a lot of Amanti insurance on the internet, but we’re going to give you some tested techniques to save money.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand almost all companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if you are currently licensed, driver details, what you do for a living, and deductibles desired. Your details is then submitted to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates instantly.
To find lower lower-cost Kia Amanti insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies offer price quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right Amanti insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Houston, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Kia Amanti. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Drivers who switch save $465 a year? Really?
Consumers in Texas can’t escape the ads that claim the best prices by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise that you can save if you change your car insurance policy to them.
How does every car insurance company cost less than your current company?
All the different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that will be a good risk. For instance, a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no claims, and drives newer vehicles. A driver that meets those criteria will most likely get cheap prices and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will probably be forced to pay a higher premium which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. Because of these techniques, it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest Kia Amanti insurance in Houston.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a driver safety course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their company to monitor their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new Amanti can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, federal employee, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts for online quote, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, and claim free.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, air bag, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply everywhere. To see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Local Houston insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Houston?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Houston?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
When finding a good Houston insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Houston are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Houston exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Houston independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is the ISO rating for a Kia Amanti?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
More affordable insurance in Houston can be found online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When you buy Houston auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)