Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other Texas consumers.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Texas could save $1,800 each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they changed companies. People have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for Dodge Journey insurance in Houston.
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Houston car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
How to get Houston Dodge Journey insurance quotes
Reducing your insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to invest a little time comparing rates to find the company with affordable Dodge Journey insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to go to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for car insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional abilities of a local agent. Although you can get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$364||$598||$514||$30||$154||$1,660||$138|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$208||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$208||$332||$358||$22||$108||$1,028||$86|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$362||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|Journey SXT AWD||$308||$400||$500||$30||$150||$1,388||$116|
|Journey R/T AWD||$318||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,620||$135|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Journey car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Policy deductible comparison
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Dodge Journey insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Dodge Journey Insurance Prices
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a few of the things companies use to determine prices.
Male costs may be higher – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Lower prices with alarm systems – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
Avoid tickets and save – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Lower rates for married couples – Getting married helps lower the price on car insurance. It means you’re more mature and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Dodge Journey insurance loss data – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Journey vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Journey Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Journey 4dr 2WD||80||92||80||148||163||131|
|Dodge Journey 4dr 4WD||96||116||71||96|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting quotes from local Houston insurance agencies
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Houston that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Houston for you
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Houston that may be able to give you price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is a good match to service your policy. Just keep in mind you can always cancel coverage whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into any specific agency indefinitely.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Journey insurance, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Journey has a loan, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Dodge and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
When getting Houston car insurance quotes online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Dodge Journey insurance prices in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Houston? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)