Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Houston? If you’re new to shopping for Houston auto insurance quotes online, you may be bewildered due to the large number of insurance companies competing for your business.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Texas could cut their rates by 70% a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates.
Companies offering Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Houston
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze their driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your overall premium however.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may offer discounts for EZ pay plan discount, premier plus, teenSMART discount, utility vehicle, and resident student.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, defensive driving, good student, business or organization, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
Check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- How much liability coverage – Liability coverage kicks in when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy Bolt EV has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Higher coverage deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Which gender costs less? – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Houston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Houston who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Houston willing to provide rate quotes for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Houston.
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 345-2580 – View Map
- Gem Insurance Agencies
3355 W Alabama St #850 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 622-2330 – View Map
- Memorial Insurance Agency, LLC
13624 Memorial Dr – Houston, TX 77079 – (713) 461-8272 – View Map
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Affordable coverage is out there
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Houston auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More information can be read at the links below
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)