Want to know how to find more competitive Mercury Montego insurance in Houston? Saving money on Mercury Montego insurance in Houston can seem to be slightly frustrating for drivers new to quoting and comparing prices online. Because there are so many online companies available, it can easily become a difficult mission to lower your prices on Mercury Montego insurance.
Astonishing but true, most insurance buyers have been with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Houston could cut their rates by about $1,766 a year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they changed companies.
Consumers need to shop coverage around before your policy renews since prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Mercury Montego insurance in Houston on your last policy a different company probably has better premium rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
Companies offering Mercury Montego insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Car insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Montego insurance in Houston.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some car insurance companies give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
To see companies who offer car insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
What if I want to buy from local Houston auto insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Houston.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Houston can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- TDECU INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC
1235 N Loop W Fwy #1100 – Houston, TX 77008 – (979) 238-8283 – View Map
- Champions Insurance Agency
15327 Gulf Fwy b – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-4870 – View Map
- Kingspoint Insurance Agency, Inc.
11200 Westheimer Rd #850 – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 850-1660 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Houston exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can provide insurance coverage. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy at any time so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency indefinitely.
Is there truth in advertising?
Auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the companies convey the message about how much you will save if you just switch your policy. How can each company charge less that you’re paying now? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance providers have underwriting criteria for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. For example, a desirable risk may need to be a married male, has no prior claims, and does not commute to work. Any customer who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Houston and will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who fall short of this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher prices and this results in the customer not purchasing. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings.
This really drives home the point why you need to compare quotes as often as possible. Because you cannot predict which company will have the lowest Mercury Montego insurance in Houston.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
More affordable car insurance in Houston can be bought online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)