How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for the cheapest Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Houston? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Dodge Ram 3500 in Texas can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a better way to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Dodge and get the best price possible from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
Unbelievable but true, most drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Texas can cut their rates by nearly 70% a year, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
Consumers need to compare prices on a regular basis since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Houston a few years ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of information about Ram 3500 insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to slash your insurance rates in Houston.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- E-sign – A handful of companies will provide an incentive shop Houston car insurance on the web.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow data collection to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Ram 3500 can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will cut your policy premiums.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click this link.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Houston utilizes the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information including an estimate of your credit level, the make and model of your vehicles, if you have an active license, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Dodge Ram 3500 now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Houston.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$302||$456||$392||$24||$118||$1,292||$108|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$466||$584||$500||$30||$150||$1,730||$144|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$408||$672||$572||$34||$172||$1,858||$155|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$466||$672||$500||$30||$150||$1,818||$152|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$520||$514||$30||$154||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$256||$510||$538||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$286||$632||$646||$38||$194||$1,796||$150|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$436||$1026||$742||$44||$222||$2,470||$206|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,392||$116|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$302||$500||$392||$24||$118||$1,336||$111|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$390||$890||$600||$36||$180||$2,096||$175|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premium rates considerably.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to delete full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram 3500 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
What Determines Dodge Ram 3500 Insurance Premiums?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Drive lots and pay more – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Ram 3500 may be costing you. Make sure your insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
You might want pay the small insurance claims yourself – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Liability is important – The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
When to contact an insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Houston that may be willing to give price quotes for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Houston.
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
- Armando Valdez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12941 North Fwy #608 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 537-7890 – View Map
- State Farm: Ken Quach
6489 Wilcrest Dr – Houston, TX 77072 – (281) 498-1010 – View Map
- ProTECH Insurance Agency, Inc.
#100, 3120 SW Freeway Service Rd – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 520-1090 – View Map
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram 3500 in Houston, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Dodge Ram 3500 but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rate quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap rates are available
Discount Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Houston is possible online in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce Dodge Ram 3500 insurance car insurance rates online in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)