Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Saturn Astra insurance in Houston? Do you think you bought an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Texas have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves as much as $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy. You have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to find a good deal for Saturn Astra insurance in Houston.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around before your policy renews because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Saturn Astra insurance in Houston a couple years back you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of information about Astra insurance on the internet, but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to slash your auto insurance rates in Houston.
Buying affordable insurance in Houston seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Drivers just have to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes over the internet.
Getting a cheaper price on Saturn Astra insurance isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to spend a little time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to go to and from local Houston insurance agencies. The ability to quote Saturn Astra insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional abilities of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Sign Online – Many auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount should help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
To locate auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Saturn Astra Insurance Premium Factors
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Reduce prices by driving safer vehicles – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Saturn has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Texas award better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many optional add-on coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Higher rates for specific occupations – Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and dentists tend to have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Poor credit rating equals high rates – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Saturn Astra by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Below are Houston insurers that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Saturn Astra insurance in Houston.
After receiving acceptable answers and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located a company that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing a policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Why you might not save $495 a year
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price insurance from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to advertise claims that people will save if you move your coverage.
Is it even possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable risk may be over the age of 45, carries full coverage, and has a short commute. Any customer that meets those criteria will get very good Houston premium rates and will save if they switch.
Insureds who don’t meet this stringent profile will probably have to pay more expensive rates which results in business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much when switching. This is how companies can state the savings. Because of these techniques, you need to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest prices for your situation.
More effort can pay off
Lower-priced insurance in Houston is possible both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be found below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)