Do you get exhausted from robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for insurance? You are no different than many other Texas drivers.
A recent study showed that most consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Houston consumers could cut their rates by roughly 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the lowest rate on Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Houston.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this information. Locating the best rates in Houston is not that difficult. But Texas vehicle owners do need to learn how insurance companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
To find cheaper prices, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to physically go to and from local Houston insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the trained advice of a local agency. Drivers can get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding the best rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Houston Silhouette insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance quotes in Houston
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every possible discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance carriers give lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click here.
When should I contact an agent?
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Houston?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How many companies do they write for?
Two types of Houston car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
The following are Houston independent agencies that are able to give price quote information.
If you get good responses to your questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember you can cancel coverage whenever you wish so never assume you are locked into the auto insurance policy with no way out.
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Drive less and get lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Oldsmobile every year the higher your rate. Most companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Silhouette can cost quite a bit. Make sure your car insurance policy shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
How credit rating affects car insurance premiums – Having a good credit history factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Oldsmobile Silhouette if you clean up your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Reduce premiums by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Oldsmobile is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Cheaper to insure gals? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
More performance means more cost – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Since the Oldsmobile Silhouette falls in the van and minivan class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Houston. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Don’t cut corners with liability – Liability insurance provides coverage if you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Oldsmobile. Examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Oldsmobile Silhouette in Houston, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Oldsmobile for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Oldsmobile Silhouette but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance premium rates in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Houston? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)