Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high car insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as the majority of other drivers in Texas.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers can save about 70% each year, but they feel it’s too difficult to find lower-cost car insurance rates. Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Nissan Murano insurance in Houston.
If you have coverage now or need a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in Houston is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart shoppers just have to understand the quickest way to find the lowest price instantly.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan Murano insurance in Houston
Some providers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, driver’s education, good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, easy pay, business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, driver training, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, and good student.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, air bags, early bird, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, bundle, driver training, and air bag.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Houston. To find providers who offer cheap Nissan Murano insurance quotes in Houston, follow this link.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$374||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,646||$137|
|Murano S AWD||$254||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|Murano SL 2WD||$156||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,062||$89|
|Murano SL AWD||$156||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,046||$87|
|Murano LE 2WD||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,586||$132|
|Murano LE AWD||$300||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,578||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can affect coverage prices substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Nissan Murano yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Houston.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want local Houston agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in Houston who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Houston exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Houston should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Houston?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Houston?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your policy at any time so don’t think you are locked into a specific company with no way out.
Auto insurance coverage options for a Nissan Murano
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird, theft and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Murano.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Murano resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Murano to save money on collision insurance.
Liability – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, loss of income, medical services and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Cover all your bases
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is actually quite simple.
Some companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Houston can be bought on the web in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
When getting Houston car insurance quotes online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Houston? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)