Nobody that owns a car likes buying insurance, in particular when they could get a better deal.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers can cut their rates by almost $1,766 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online. Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the absolute lowest rate on Nissan 370Z insurance in Houston.
If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Houston can be easy if you know a few tricks. Smart buyers only need to know the most efficient way to shop for car insurance online.
Insurance policy discounts for Nissan 370Z insurance in Houston
Insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on 370Z insurance in Houston.
- Houston Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, good student, and defensive driving training.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- AAA discounts include good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, federal employee, air bags, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for ease of repair, anti-theft, good student, good driver, multi-car, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, switch companies, teen driver, distant student, youthful driver, mature driver, and pay in full.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
If you are trying to find cheaper Houston car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Houston, click this link.
Finding low cost insurance quotes is a great way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing free Houston car insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to waste gas driving to and from local Houston insurance agencies. Doing it all online has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$532||$486||$28||$146||$1,424||$119|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$318||$666||$358||$22||$108||$1,472||$123|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$772||$414||$24||$124||$1,656||$138|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$196||$414||$400||$24||$120||$1,154||$96|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$360||$832||$440||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
Nissan 370Z insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Nissan 370Z premium costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that are used to determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
A insurance lapse can increase prices – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Teenage driver insurance prices – Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Prices can be impacted by your job – Occupations such as military generals, police officers, and miners tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as farmers, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart vehicle theft.
Do you know you’re credit score? – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Nissan 370Z by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Nissan 370Z is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
More traffic means higher claims – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Nissan 370Z statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan 370Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Nissan 370Z Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan 370Z 2dr||164||88||132||91||88|
|Nissan 370Z Convertible||129||73|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from local Houston insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Houston can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into which agent you choose.
These agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Houston independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
After receiving good answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles. Keep in mind consumers can terminate your policy for any reason so never assume you’re contractually obligated to your new company for a certain time period.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Be persistent and save
Discount Nissan 370Z insurance in Houston can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Nissan 370Z insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Houston car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Houston car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional auto insurance information is located at the links below
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Houston? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)