Locating budget-priced Houston Mitsubishi Outlander insurance quotes may seem to be overwhelming for people new to comparing rates and buying insurance online. With dozens of online companies available, how are we expected to effectively compare the different rates to find the lowest rates?
Statistics show that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Houston can cut their rates by approximately $1,800 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates online.
It’s smart to compare premium rates before your next renewal since insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price on Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Houston two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Houston.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this strategy. Buying the lowest-priced auto insurance policy in Houston is not that difficult. But Texas car owners do need to learn how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Houston may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount should help lower your premiums.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Texas. The simplest method to find cheaper Mitsubishi Outlander rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices increases your odds of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlander ES 2WD||$314||$670||$422||$24||$126||$1,556||$130|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$186||$340||$310||$18||$94||$948||$79|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$282||$610||$366||$22||$110||$1,390||$116|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$230||$422||$310||$18||$94||$1,074||$90|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$156||$306||$340||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|Outlander ES 4WD||$254||$512||$366||$22||$110||$1,264||$105|
|Outlander XLS 2WD||$286||$602||$366||$22||$110||$1,386||$116|
|Outlander XLS 4WD||$410||$858||$438||$26||$130||$1,862||$155|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$318||$660||$422||$24||$126||$1,550||$129|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$284||$580||$304||$18||$92||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can impact premium rates noticeably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Mitsubishi Outlander insurance premiums for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Mitsubishi Outlander full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below examines Mitsubishi Outlander premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact formula for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mitsubishi Outlander claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $500 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Houston Insurance Rates
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
Car insurance liability coverage limits – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Your location is a factor – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Texas areas have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better drivers. They both are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Choose high safety ratings and save – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Mitsubishi Outlander is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most larger companies will award lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Mitsubishi. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Loss probability for a Mitsubishi Outlander – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 2WD||117||104||119||155|
|Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4WD||116||93||140||115|
|Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 2WD||116||121||99||165||146||129|
|Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 4WD||109||118||123||124||139||112|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best car insurance?
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
A lot of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you want a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Houston can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who may provide you with price quote information.
- Armando Valdez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12941 North Fwy #608 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 537-7890 – View Map
- Jim Webb – State Farm Insurance Agent
8475 Hwy 6 N Ste B – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-2886 – View Map
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Houston independent agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
- Dean and Draper Insurance Agency, LP
3131 W Alabama St #150 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 527-0444 – View Map
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
Buying the right Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Outlander in Houston, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Outlander, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mitsubishi at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Shop around and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can find cheap Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Mitsubishi Outlander rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Houston? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)