Have you finally had enough of not being able to afford to pay high auto insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than most other drivers in Texas.
It’s astonishing, but about 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save themselves as much as $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find a good deal for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Houston.
Best companies for competitive Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Houston
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower insurance rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mitsubishi may allow you to get lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Paperwork-free – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce your policy cost.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, membership and employees, driver training, seat belt use, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, 55 and older, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, air bag, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Houston.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Houston who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Houston?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Houston agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents in Houston may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get price quotes.
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 914-0354 – View Map
Find cheaper car insurance rates by comparing often
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Houston car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is located on the following sites:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)