Would you like to buy lower-priced car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost Lexus LS 460 insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Lexus and find the lowest possible price from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
A study showed that most drivers in Texas have purchased from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Drivers in America could cut their rates by $860 a year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons every six months because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Houston on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Don’t overlook these Lexus LS 460 insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Houston and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Houston auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, seat belt use, and air bags.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers has discounts for home ownership, payment discounts, student away at school, multi-car, and early quote.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable Lexus LS 460 insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Lowering your car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to take time to compare rates from different insurance companies.
The following companies provide quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$486||$1166||$392||$24||$118||$2,186||$182|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$414||$686||$424||$26||$128||$1,678||$140|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$314||$534||$424||$26||$128||$1,426||$119|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$568||$304||$18||$92||$1,262||$105|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$236||$524||$340||$20||$102||$1,222||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can change Lexus LS 460 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus LS 460 car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lexus LS 460 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Employer stress can make you pay more – Occupations like military personnel, architects and accountants generally pay higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like scientists, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your LS 460 can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Traffic violations inflate rates – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single driving citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas give the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Loss probability for a Lexus LS 460 – Insurers use past insurance losses to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Lexus LS 460 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Lexus LS 460 Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus LS 460 4dr 2WD 155 76 203 52 Lexus LS 460 4dr 4WD 207 102 239 62 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 2WD 199 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 4WD 251 324
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance can be complex
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Houston that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Houston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
The following are agents in Houston that may be willing to give price quotes for Lexus LS 460 insurance in Houston.
- Hotchkiss Insurance Agency
13430 Northwest Fwy #600 – Houston, TX 77040 – (713) 956-9800 – View Map
- Texas Insurance
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
- Dean and Draper Insurance Agency, LP
3131 W Alabama St #150 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 527-0444 – View Map
Choosing the best LS 460 insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though Houston LS 460 insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus LS 460 with a loan, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We just presented many ideas to shop for Lexus LS 460 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Houston? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)