Would you prefer to buy cheaper Lexus IS 200t insurance in Houston? Being forced to pay for high-priced auto insurance premiums can dwindle your budget and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes can be a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Houston could save about $1,800 every year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find the lowest rates for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Houston.
This article’s intent is to let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners must learn how companies sell insurance online and use it to your advantage.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from many auto insurance companies in Texas. The best method to find the lowest Lexus IS 200t rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to spend time driving to all the different Houston insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the peace of mind of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company provides price estimates online, so you also need to get quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Seven factors that impact insurance costs
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Performance impacts insurance prices – The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Lexus IS 200t is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Houston.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your IS 200t can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a good credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit. If your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus IS 200t by improving your credit score.
- Limits of liability insurance – Liability coverage will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Discounts for married drivers – Being married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Multiple policies with one company – Lots of car insurance companies will give lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying from different companies
- Better car insurance rates on safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will cut your overall bill.
To choose companies who offer free Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does my Lexus IS 200t need full coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Lexus IS 200t?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my Lexus IS 200t covered if I use it for business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
When to contact an insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Houston.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Houston who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Houston agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 914-0354 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Houston will have answers to these questions.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Houston?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Some companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Lower-priced Lexus IS 200t insurance in Houston can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Houston? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)