Paying for overpriced Land Rover LR4 insurance in Houston can stress out your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Houston drivers could save themselves almost $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switched.
People have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest rates for Land Rover LR4 insurance in Houston.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to know almost all companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details including whether you have decent credit, if you have an active license, if it has an anti-theft system, and whether you are married. That rating data is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Land Rover LR4 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR4 HSE Plus||$440||$890||$388||$24||$116||$1,858||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage rates significantly.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The example below compares Land Rover LR4 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Land Rover LR4 insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Land Rover LR4 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your LR4
Even though Houston LR4 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Land Rover has a loan, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Land Rover at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Determines Land Rover LR4 Insurance Prices?
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
- Don’t abuse insurance claims – Insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Some insurance companies will give a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, vandalism, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Your address can impact price – Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
- Land Rover LR4 claim data – Insurers use past insurance losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The next table shows the loss history for Land Rover LR4 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Land Rover LR4 Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover LR4 4dr 4WD 87 105 134 47
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take advantage of these money saving discounts
Some providers do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Land Rover LR4 insurance rates in Houston.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Houston auto insurance quote.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these benefits include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in every state. To find insurance companies with significant discounts in Houston, click here to view.
Local Houston insurance agents
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is especially important in Houston.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below are Houston independent insurance agents that may be able to give free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agents in Houston that are able to give price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long has their agency been in business in Houston?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Houston?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Houston can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Houston, so you need to shop Houston auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Houston? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)