Want a free price quotes on more competitive Kia Stinger insurance in Houston? Do you get exhausted from robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy insurance? Your situation is no different than most other vehicle owners in Texas.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers could save up to 70% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to shop around.
Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually bombard you with ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Cheapest Kia Stinger insurance price quotes in Houston, TX
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps locate more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Affordable Houston car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Houston car insurance quote.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching companies early. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small decrease in premiums.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurance companies who offer online Kia Stinger insurance quotes in Houston, follow this link.
Local neighborhood Houston car insurance agents
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is definitely important in Houston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of car insurance agents
When researching a good Houston insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Houston who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- How long has their agency been open in Houston?
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings. Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes just a few of the factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Experienced drivers save more – Youthful drivers in Texas are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Premiums and your address – Having an address in a rural area is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims City drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Gender and car insurance premiums – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Due to the fact that the Kia Stinger falls in the sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same as compared to the average rate in Houston. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Certain jobs pay higher rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupational choices like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, students and performers get better rates.
- Low deductibles mean high costs – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Kia. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Protect more than your Stinger
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find cheap Kia Stinger insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Stinger rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Kia Stinger insurance in Houston can be bought from both online companies and with local Houston insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)