Want to know an easy way to compare lower-priced auto insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston consumers have many options when looking for affordable Kia Soul insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Kia and obtain the cheapest rates.
Quote Houston Kia Soul insurance online
Finding a lower price on Kia Soul insurance is not rocket science. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes to get quotes to find the company with the cheapest Kia Soul rate quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Kia Soul insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Kia Soul premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise Kia Soul yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some providers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Soul insurance in Houston.
- Houston Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, defensive driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, early bird, student driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, new graduate, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly retired.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered in Houston.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices. Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- What are your comp and collision deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Gender impacts rates – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Lots of insurance companies apply better rates to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to compare Kia Soul rates in Houston to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still save money by splitting coverages up.
- Avoid policy lapses – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- Insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Soul vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Kia Soul Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Houston car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Houston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Houston will have answers to these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
You can find affordable coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Kia Soul insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Houston? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)