How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Houston? Searching for affordable Houston Kia Optima Hybrid insurance quotes may be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and shopping for insurance over the internet. With so many options of companies in the marketplace, how are vehicle owners able to possibly compare each option to find the best pricing?
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Houston consumers could cut their rates by roughly 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Houston last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You can search a lot of Optima Hybrid insurance out there, but we’re going to give you the easiest ways to put money back in your pocket.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
Safety ratings are a factor – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia Optima Hybrid is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Save by driving less – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Verify your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Optima Hybrid can result in significantly higher rates.
Premiums go up with performance – The type of vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums are usually for small economy passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Kia Optima Hybrid falls in the passenger car class, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Houston.
Never have policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Kia Optima Hybrid claim probability – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Optima Hybrid Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to compare free Houston Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rate quotes
All major car insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes online. Obtaining pricing for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Houston doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. After you complete the form, their rating system gets your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online price quotes for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Houston helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
To compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Allstate and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. They all make an identical promise that people will save if you move to their company. How do they all charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the words they use.
Most companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, a profitable risk profile might be described as over the age of 50, has a clear driving record, and has excellent credit. Anybody that matches those criteria will probably get the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Insureds who are not a match for these stringent criteria may be required to pay more expensive rates with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make those statements.
This really drives home the point why drivers must compare free Houston car insurance quotes often. You cannot predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Houston.
Insuring your Kia vehicle just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your Kia and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Houston insurance discounts for a Kia Optima Hybrid
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow companies to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with better prices if you take out some life insurance too.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
To find auto insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here to view.
Local Houston insurance agents
A small number of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Houston.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Houston who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
The difference between Houston auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Featured below are independent agencies in Houston that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc.
6633 Hillcroft St #101 – Houston, TX 77081 – (713) 270-9373 – View Map
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Houston exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 759-4300 – View Map
- Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
- Linda Tuck – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-9050 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Houston?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind consumers can cancel coverage whenever you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to the car insurance policy for the full term.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare but don’t skimp
We covered a lot of ways to reduce Kia Optima Hybrid insurance premium rates online in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)