How many times have you said it’s time to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston consumers have options when looking for low-cost Kia K900 insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Kia and get the best price possible either online or from Houston insurance agents.
Finding low cost Houston insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Houston, buying car insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your K900 has a lien holder, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Kia K900 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest rates from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you get a free Houston car insurance quote and switch to their company.
How can each company offer you a better deal on Kia K900 insurance in Houston?
Companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, a desirable insured might be between 25 and 40, has other policies, and drives a safe vehicle. Any driver who fits that profile will get very good Houston rates as well as save if they switch.
People who do not fit this ideal profile will see higher rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save money. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best premium rates. This illustrates why drivers should compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will have the best Kia K900 insurance in Houston.
Cheaper Houston car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Houston may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current K900 insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Professional Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Houston car insurance quote.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should help reduce the cost of coverage.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family has savings for air bags, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, and multi-car.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, military active duty, good student, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, type of vehicle, multi-car, good student, ease of repair, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, early shopping, distant student, good student, mature driver, and switch companies.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here.
Comparing prices from local Houston auto insurance agents
Some people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Houston?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Different types of Houston auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- Linda Tuck – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-9050 – View Map
- Diego Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2575 S Dairy Ashford Rd m – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 496-5330 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to contact independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
- TDECU INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC
1235 N Loop W Fwy #1100 – Houston, TX 77008 – (979) 238-8283 – View Map
- Kingspoint Insurance Agency, Inc.
11200 Westheimer Rd #850 – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 850-1660 – View Map
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
Be persistent and save
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your Kia K900 insurance rates in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest Kia K900 insurance in Houston can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Houston, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)