Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Houston? Shopping for the lowest price Houston Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance quotes over the internet can be rather difficult for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and comparing and buying car insurance over the internet. With so many insurance agents and companies competing online, how can you have time to compare them all to find the cheapest price possible?
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Houston could pocket nearly 70% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Locating affordable protection in Houston is not as difficult as people think. But Texas car owners do need to understand how insurance companies sell insurance online.
Houston insurance discounts for a Jeep Grand Cherokee
Car insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Jeep may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Houston car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the premium cost.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, emergency military deployment, driver training, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may include discounts for early quote, multi-policy, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for safety features, newly married, newly retired, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, early bird, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting free Houston car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area. To locate insurers offering car insurance discounts in Houston, click here.
Compare quotes for Houston Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get pricing on the web. Comparing Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates online is fairly simple because you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Houston helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will get a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$176||$306||$388||$24||$116||$1,010||$84|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$252||$492||$358||$22||$108||$1,232||$103|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$228||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,378||$115|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower auto insurance rates significantly.
Jeep Grand Cherokee full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local Houston auto insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If they are an independent agency in Houston, which companies do they recommend?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Houston?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
We’ve covered many tips how you can save on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Lower-priced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Houston can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)