Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Houston? If you’ve never shopped for Houston car insurance quotes online, you can easily be confused due to the large number of insurance providers who claim to have the best insurance rates.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers could save 70% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Houston is to know the fact auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like which vehicles you own, whether or not you need a SR-22, if you have an active license, and whether you drive to work or school. Those rating factors gets transmitted to multiple companies and you get price estimates with very little delay.
To compare rates for your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Houston.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
- Telematics Data – Houston drivers who agree to allow companies to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total Golf SportWagen insurance premium.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To see a list of providers that offer discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Golf SportWagen, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How high should deductibles be on a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Houston auto insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Houston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Below are Houston car insurance companies that are able to give price quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Houston.
- Linda Tuck – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-9050 – View Map
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556 – View Map
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
Choosing a provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that meets the requirements to service your policy.