How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Toyota Venza insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a Toyota and get the lowest price from both online companies and Houston agents.
Toyota Venza insurance discounts in Houston
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Houston auto insurance but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good student, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, accident-free, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, multi-car, distant student, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including new car, good student, 55 and retired, economy car, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, military active duty, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
Double check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be available in your state.
Quote Houston Toyota Venza insurance online
Cutting your auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. All that’s required is to spend a little time to get quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Toyota Venza rate quotes.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$158||$306||$358||$22||$108||$952||$79|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$286||$602||$430||$26||$128||$1,472||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in garaging location in Houston which can affect coverage prices greatly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Toyota Venza insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on Houston auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims increase Toyota Venza car insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Venza auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Venza claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Toyota Venza Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Save by driving less – Driving more miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Venza may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is rated on annual mileage.
- Raise deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Toyota. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- More performance means higher costs – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Since the Toyota Venza is a crossover, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Houston.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Toyota scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase rates – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- Men pay more for auto insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Venza – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Venza vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Toyota Venza Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Venza 4dr 2WD 93 102 86 115 110 93 Toyota Venza 4dr 4WD 94 102 97 120 94 87
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Can’t I compare rates from local Houston car insurance agents?
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Houston agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you need to include multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Houston that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Champions Insurance Agency
15327 Gulf Fwy b – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-4870 – View Map
- Gem Insurance Agencies
3355 W Alabama St #850 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 622-2330 – View Map
- Texas General Insurance Agency
2500 West Loop S #210 – Houston, TX 77027 – (713) 622-5977 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 759-4300 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have and inexpensive Toyota Venza insurance in Houston quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Protect more than your Toyota Venza
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Venza in Houston, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota Venza, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Toyota Venza but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
More affordable car insurance in Houston can be bought on the web in addition to many Houston insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Toyota Venza insurance premium rates in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Houston auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)