Locating better insurance prices for a Saturn VUE in Texas can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for your Saturn and get the cheapest rates.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Saturn VUE insurance in Houston a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to save on auto insurance.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and still have adequate protection. Pricing more affordable protection in Houston is not that difficult. Drivers just have to use the proper way to compare rates instantly.
All the larger car insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO give pricing online. Doing online price comparisons for Saturn VUE insurance in Houston is pretty painless because you just enter the amount of coverage you want on the page. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to perform this step in order to find the best rate possible.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will receive rate quotes for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$206||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,112||$93|
|Vue XR 2WD||$234||$460||$462||$28||$138||$1,322||$110|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$176||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,066||$89|
|Vue XR AWD||$308||$400||$500||$30||$150||$1,388||$116|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$422||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,800||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims raise Saturn VUE car insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Get discounts on Houston auto insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Houston Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Houston.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
What types of car insurance agents are in Houston?
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can select. Houston agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can impact your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Houston independent agents that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Dean and Draper Insurance Agency, LP
3131 W Alabama St #150 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 527-0444 – View Map
- Gem Insurance Agencies
3355 W Alabama St #850 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 622-2330 – View Map
- Texas Insurance
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are Houston exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sean Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0555 – View Map
- State Farm: Jack Wallace
3405 Mercer St – Houston, TX 77027 – (713) 626-7500 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. A good agent in Houston will have answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Houston?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does my Saturn VUE qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saturn VUE in Houston, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your VUE, it’s most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Saturn at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Saturn VUE and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Saturn VUE
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Saturn VUE.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as surgery, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, dental work and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your VUE caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your VUE to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance – This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, falling objects, hail damage and theft. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverages – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, bail bonds and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for Saturn VUE insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
When getting Houston auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Houston is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Houston auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Houston? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)