Want to save money and find more competitive Lincoln Continental insurance in Houston? Do you get confused by the sheer number of car insurance companies in your area? Many other people are as well. There are such a large number of options that it can be a real challenge to find the lowest price for Lincoln Continental insurance in Houston. If you live there, you know that Houston has lots to offer, but the high premiums for car insurance can make it hard to make ends meet.
It’s hard to fathom, but the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Texas drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they won’t spend time to compare rates online.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best deal on Lincoln Continental insurance in Houston at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Comparing rates for affordable car insurance coverage in Houston is not as hard as you may think. But Texas consumers do need to learn the way companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Just remember that more quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insuring your Lincoln vehicle just makes sense
Even though Houston Continental insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Discount Houston auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Houston car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Houston car insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
For a list of companies that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Many people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Agents in Houston may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Houston that may be able to provide price quotes.
- AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc.
6633 Hillcroft St #101 – Houston, TX 77081 – (713) 270-9373 – View Map
- Suzanne Brown Agency-Insurance
11999 Katy Fwy #635 – Houston, TX 77079 – (281) 558-2210 – View Map
- Kingspoint Insurance Agency, Inc.
11200 Westheimer Rd #850 – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 850-1660 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- State Farm: Ken Quach
6489 Wilcrest Dr – Houston, TX 77072 – (281) 498-1010 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Houston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lincoln Continental?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Houston?
- Is my Lincoln Continental covered for smoke damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Lower-priced car insurance in Houston is definitely available on the web in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)