Want a free price quotes on low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Houston? If you’re shopping for lower-cost insurance, are you frustrated by the number of car insurance providers available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. People have so many providers to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to find better rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Houston. Lots of people think Houston is an awesome place to live, but the high cost of car insurance can make it very difficult to stay on budget.
A recent survey discovered that most car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Texas consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. Shopping for the best protection in Houston is quite easy. But Texas car owners do need to learn how insurance companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get price estimates on the web. Getting quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Houston is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences on the page. Upon sending the form, the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Getting online rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Houston streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the cheapest price on car insurance.
If you want to compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$208||$256||$564||$34||$168||$1,230||$103|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$176||$306||$486||$28||$146||$1,142||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$326||$570||$520||$30||$156||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$378||$496||$564||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$326||$570||$520||$30||$156||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$288||$504||$414||$24||$124||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$358||$580||$440||$26||$132||$1,536||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$362||$682||$520||$30||$156||$1,750||$146|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$344||$472||$564||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$360||$440||$26||$132||$1,180||$98|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$176||$306||$404||$24||$122||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$334||$580||$582||$34||$174||$1,704||$142|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$220||$416||$560||$34||$168||$1,398||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$396||$788||$560||$34||$168||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$322||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$318||$580||$404||$24||$122||$1,448||$121|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$318||$580||$404||$24||$122||$1,448||$121|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$322||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,566||$131|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$286||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices considerably.
Dodge Ram liability-only versus full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Verify you’re getting every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total Ram insurance premium.
- Houston Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the internet.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, homeowner, and multi-car.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, air bags, accident-free, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in every state. To locate companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Protect your Ram and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ram with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Ram and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Buying insurance from Houston insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Houston auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Houston are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Brandon Herndon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 – Houston, TX 77096 – (832) 431-4222 – View Map
- Armando Valdez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12941 North Fwy #608 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 537-7890 – View Map
- Sean Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0555 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Houston that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Dean and Draper Insurance Agency, LP
3131 W Alabama St #150 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 527-0444 – View Map
- Champions Insurance Agency
15327 Gulf Fwy b – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-4870 – View Map
- ProTECH Insurance Agency, Inc.
#100, 3120 SW Freeway Service Rd – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 520-1090 – View Map