Are you drained from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high car insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Texas.
Unbelievable but true, most car insurance buyers in Texas kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in America can save nearly 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Comparing quotes for the cheapest auto insurance in Houston is easy to do. If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need to know the quickest method to buy auto insurance from many different companies online.
Cheap auto insurance in Houston, TX
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get lower-cost Dodge Intrepid insurance in Houston with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driver class could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Houston car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in your state. To find insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here to view.
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Intrepid?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Dodge Intrepid to commute?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Houston can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, you will want to compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Houston that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below are Houston exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Selecting a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to terminate your policy any time you want so never assume you are locked into any particular company for a certain time period.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Affordable Dodge Intrepid insurance in Houston can be found online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce Dodge Intrepid insurance rates online in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a small local company.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Houston? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)