Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Buick Rainier insurance in Houston? If you’re searching for more affordable insurance online, are you confused by the sheer number of car insurance companies that you can choose from? There are such a vast assortment of companies available that it can quickly become a real difficult job to compare premium rates on Buick Rainier insurance. Lots of people think Houston is a good city to live in, but high car insurance premiums makes it very hard to affordably insure vehicles.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Texas drivers could pocket about 70% a year, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Buick Rainier insurance in Houston on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How You Can Control Buick Rainier Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates.
- Better premiums on safer vehicles – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Buick Rainier scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Teenagers are high risk – Inexperience drivers are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a beginning driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- The higher your credit score the lower your premiums – Credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with bad credit. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Rainier by improving your rating.
- Premiums impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your Rainier may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Small frequent policy claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Marriage discount – Being married can get you a discount on insurance. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Insurance rates and driver gender – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
How much is Buick Rainier insurance in Houston, Texas?
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch your coverage to them. How do they all have lower policy pricing? This is how they do it.
All companies give the cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. An example of this type of driver could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and insures a new vehicle. Someone who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest prices in Houston and most likely will save a lot on Houston Buick Rainier insurance if they switch.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this stringent profile will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can make those statements. Because of this risk profiling, it’s extremely important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Why you need quality insurance for your Buick Rainier
Even though Houston Rainier insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick Rainier with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Buick Rainier insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Houston car insurance quote when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Rainier insurance in Houston.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Houston, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Houston insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Houston?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Houston that are able to give price quotes for Buick Rainier insurance in Houston.
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
- Dean and Draper Insurance Agency, LP
3131 W Alabama St #150 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 527-0444 – View Map
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
- Hispano’s Insurance Agency
5420 Chimney Rock Rd – Houston, TX 77081 – (832) 778-8600 – View Map
After getting good responses and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Quote often and quote early
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Houston can be sourced online and with local Houston insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Buick Rainier insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Houston? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)