How long has it been since the last time you looked for more competitive Subaru Outback insurance in Houston? Comparing and finding low cost prices for Subaru Outback insurance in Houston is a challenge for drivers who are new to quoting coverage rates online. There are so many options that it can quickly become a burden to find a more affordable company.
Unthinkable but true, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Texas consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to go online and compare rates.
It’s a great practice to compare rates quite often because insurance rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Subaru Outback insurance in Houston six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Low-cost auto insurance in Houston, TX
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$322||$486||$388||$24||$116||$1,336||$111|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$286||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,382||$115|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$400||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,612||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Houston which can revise premium rates significantly.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Houston
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Subaru Outback car insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Subaru Outback premium costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender
The example below shows the difference between Subaru Outback insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Houston car insurance but check with your company.
- Houston Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Houston may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Houston car insurance online.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century discounts include good student, early bird, theft prevention, air bags, and 55 and older.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, continuous insurance, multi-car, driver training, home ownership, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, driver training, membership and employees, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer free Subaru Outback insurance quotes in Houston, click here.
How Insurance Companies Determine Subaru Outback Insurance Rates
Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Bad drivers pay high rates – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Having a single citation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Liability insurance is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Policy claims cost money – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide better rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Subaru Outback is considered a station wagon, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Houston.
- Long commutes cost more – The higher the miles on your Subaru every year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. An incorrectly rated Outback can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your auto insurance policy shows the right rating data.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Subaru Outback has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Insurance loss statistics a Subaru Outback – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru Outback vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru Outback Vehicles
Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What happens if I owe more than my Subaru Outback is worth?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When to talk to an agent
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Houston should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long have they been in business?
The ad said I’d save $493 a year!
Well-known insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the point that drivers can save some big amount if you switch your insurance coverage to their company. How do they all charge lower premium rates? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers give the best rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured may need to be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A driver who matches those parameters may get the lowest car insurance rates in Houston and will probably save a lot on Houston Subaru Outback insurance if they switch.
Drivers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile may receive higher rates and this results in business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because every company is different, you should compare free Houston car insurance quotes often. It is just not possible to predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Persistence pays off
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Subaru Outback insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Subaru Outback rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced Subaru Outback insurance in Houston can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Houston, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)