Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced auto insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Pontiac and locate the lowest price either online or from Houston insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Houston last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Houston is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Drivers only have to learn the tricks to quote multiple rates online.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Houston
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Houston Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Houston can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Houston auto insurance with certain companies.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To see a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Houston, click here to view.
Choosing the best Pontiac Solstice insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Pontiac Solstice in Houston, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pontiac, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Pontiac Solstice. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When should I not file a claim?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Houston who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Houston?
If you’re trying to find a local Houston insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are Houston exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
- James Banks – State Farm Insurance Agent
4809 Main St – Houston, TX 77002 – (713) 523-7100 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get rate quotes.
- Jason Jimenez Insurance Agency
8323 Southwest Fwy #390 – Houston, TX 77074 – (713) 270-0073 – View Map
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.