Would you like to find lower-priced Pontiac GTO insurance in Houston? Have you had enough of not being able to afford to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other drivers.
Statistics show that most auto insurance buyers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Most drivers in Houston could save approximately 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company. Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Pontiac GTO in Houston, it’s nearly impossible to choose a more affordable insurer.
You need to shop coverage around before your policy renews because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Houston on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Buying affordable insurance in Houston is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the most effective way to compare rates online.
Best companies for cheap Pontiac GTO insurance in Texas
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Determine discounts on Houston auto insurance
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount available very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get lower premium rates.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Houston auto insurance over the internet.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer discounts in Houston, click here.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Pontiac GTO by repairing your credit.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance companies provide discounts for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – Policies have extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Stay claim-free and lower insurance rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Lower premiums with theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Pontiac GTO scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Houston should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in Houston?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Houston?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
If you want to use a good Houston insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Houston can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston that can give you price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quotes.
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Auto insurance companies are expert advertisers
Texas consumers constantly see and hear ads for auto insurance savings by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all say the same thing about how much you will save if you get a free Houston auto insurance quote and switch to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a preferred risk might be described as between 25 and 40, has a clean driving record, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria will get low prices and most likely will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile may receive a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That is how companies can make claims like that. That is why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will have the best Pontiac GTO insurance in Houston.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce Pontiac GTO insurance premium rates online in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Pontiac GTO rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)