Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest Pontiac G8 insurance in Houston? I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Texas could save themselves roughly 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
People have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to locate the cheapest rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Houston.
Locating the most affordable auto insurance in Houston is easy if you know what you’re doing. Virtually each driver who is required by state law to have auto insurance will more than likely be able to cut their insurance bill. But Texas consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Houston, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper Houston insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers do not list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Houston auto insurance quotes online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on G8 insurance in Houston.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-car, safety features, new graduate, newly married, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has savings for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, early shopping, alternative fuel, multi-car, mature driver, teen driver, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, paid in full, group or association, multiple vehicles, good student, and safe driver.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
Before buying, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Houston. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in Houston, click here to view.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agents is still important in Houston.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Houston auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When looking for a local Houston insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Houston agents may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Houston that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Houston willing to provide rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they full-time agents?
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Pontiac G8?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
One last note
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Houston is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Houston, so you need to quote Houston auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information can be read at the links below
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Houston? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)