Want to know how to find more affordable Mercury Mariner insurance in Houston? Overpriced auto insurance in Houston can diminish your checking account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Performing a price comparison is an excellent way to lower your bills every month.
Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Houston could save themselves nearly $1,800 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Vehicle owners have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Mercury Mariner insurance in Houston.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates before your next renewal because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest rate on Mercury Mariner insurance in Houston six months ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
First Step: Get free Mercury Mariner insurance quotes
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$232||$392||$330||$20||$98||$1,072||$89|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$182||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$160||$266||$310||$18||$94||$848||$71|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific Houston garaging location which can impact price quotes greatly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Mercury Mariner premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Houston car insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn cheaper prices.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Mariner insurance in Houston.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military can result in better prices.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-policy, renters, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Houston. To see companies that offer some of these discounts in Houston, follow this link.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Uninterrupted coverage lowers auto insurance rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time.
What are your coverage deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. Because the Mercury Mariner is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Houston. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Responsible drivers pay the best prices – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability coverage will protect you if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Houston?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Houston?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my Mercury Mariner need full coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Mercury Mariner to commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Save $414 a year! What?
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the best rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise about savings after switching your coverage to them.
How does every company charge lower premium rates?
All the different companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, this type of driver might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any person that fits those parameters will most likely get cheap rates and have a good chance to save some money.
Potential customers who don’t meet the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate which translates to business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that. This illustrates why you should do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Mercury Mariner insurance in Houston.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Mercury Mariner insurance prices in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Mercury Mariner insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Used Cars in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Houston? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)