Are you looking for lower-priced car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Mazda CX-7 insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Mazda and locate the best price possible.
Get affordable Mazda CX-7 insurance in Houston with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, multi-car, claim free, DriveSense, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, anti-theft, and business or organization.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of companies offering insurance discounts in Houston, click here.
Most companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get pricing direct online. Getting online quotes for Mazda CX-7 insurance in Houston is easy for anyone as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system gets information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to do this if you want to get a lower rate.
In order to find out what other companies charge, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$156||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,046||$87|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$232||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,208||$101|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$232||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,112||$93|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$274||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in Houston location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Mazda CX-7 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-7 auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda CX-7 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can impact Mazda CX-7 insurance prices for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Age of drivers impacts premiums – Beginning drivers in Texas have a tendency to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver onto your car insurance can really hurt. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Traffic violations will cost you – Having a single chargeable violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Is your car built for speed? – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums will generally be found on economy passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Due to the fact that the Mazda CX-7 is classified as a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Houston.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Houston insurance agencies?
Many people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Houston that provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If they are an independent agency in Houston, which companies do they recommend?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- When do they do a full risk review?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Houston
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Houston agents are either exclusive or independent. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
- Armando Valdez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12941 North Fwy #608 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 537-7890 – View Map
- Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Town and Country Insurance Agency – Houston, TX
10575 Katy Fwy # 150 – Houston, TX 77024 – (713) 461-8979 – View Map
- Hotchkiss Insurance Agency
13430 Northwest Fwy #600 – Houston, TX 77040 – (713) 956-9800 – View Map
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc
3673 Westcenter Dr – Houston, TX 77042 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mazda CX-7, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Texas overpays more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Mazda CX-7 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mazda CX-7 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
When you buy Houston car insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount Mazda CX-7 insurance in Houston is definitely available online and with local Houston insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)