Trying to find the cheapest Mazda 6 insurance in Houston? Are you drained from sacrificing other expenses to insure your Mazda every month? You have the same problem as most other people in Texas.
It’s shocking but the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in America can save almost 47% each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
Best Mazda 6 insurance price quotes in Texas
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can change premiums noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Mazda 6 car insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts can help save money on Mazda 6 insurance in Houston
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- No Claim Discounts – Houston drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Premiums also based on gender – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger insurers apply lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other Houston 6 insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are for low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Mazda 6 falls in the sports sedan class, insurance will be slightly higher than the average rate where you live in Houston.
- A coverage lapse can increase car insurance rates – Driving without insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Insurance losses for a Mazda 6 – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda 6 Vehicles
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important especially in Houston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Houston who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local Houston insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Houston are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are Houston independent agents that can give you free price quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Consumers can’t escape the ads that claim the lowest prices from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you move your policy.
But how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the way they can do it.
Companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. For example, a desirable risk could be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who meets those qualifications will get very good Houston car insurance rates and will also save a lot on Houston Mazda 6 insurance if they switch.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards may be required to pay higher premium rates which translates to the customer not purchasing. The ads say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict which company will be your best fit.
Cover all your bases
Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Low-cost Mazda 6 insurance in Houston can be found online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We covered a lot of information how to lower your Mazda 6 insurance premium rates in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)