Looking for more competitive insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston buyers have many options when searching for affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for your Lincoln and obtain the cheapest rates from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal since prices go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Houston six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Navigator insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your insurance premiums.
Most companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes from their websites. The process can be done by anyone as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system collects credit information and your driving record and generates a price.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Lincoln Navigator insurance in Houston simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get cheaper prices.
To save time and compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$354||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,534||$128|
|Navigator L 4WD||$378||$542||$500||$30||$150||$1,600||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific Houston garaging location which can raise or lower coverage prices considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The example below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln Navigator car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Policy deductible comparison
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Lincoln Navigator insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Telematics Devices – Houston drivers who agree to allow their company to look at driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Houston car insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
Just know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Houston, follow this link.
Comparing prices from local Houston insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Houston?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
Houston auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When narrowing the list to find a good Houston insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Houston exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agencies in Houston who can help you get price quotes.
- Craig Insurance Agency
1020 Bay Area Blvd # 100 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-2733 – View Map
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
- Allrisc Insurance Agency
6918 Corporate Dr – Houston, TX 77036 – (713) 771-6000 – View Map
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Liability insurance preserves assets – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – Car insurance companies in Texas generally give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Texas areas regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. It translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Insurance loss probability for a Lincoln Navigator – Companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Lincoln Navigator vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Lincoln Navigator Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln Navigator 4dr 2WD 109 114 61 Lincoln Navigator 4dr 4WD 93 89 82 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 2WD 129 69 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 4WD 101 116 119
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing Lincoln vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln Navigator has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
The best rates come from being thorough
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your Lincoln Navigator insurance rates in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
Discount Lincoln Navigator insurance in Houston is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Houston agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)