Finding cheap prices on Lincoln MKC insurance in Houston can seem to be slightly frustrating for drivers who are beginners to online rate comparisons. With so many insurance companies available, it can easily be more work than you anticipated to lower your rates on Lincoln MKC insurance.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could save up to 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rate on Lincoln MKC insurance in Houston a few years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Companies offering Lincoln MKC insurance in Texas
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their car insurance company to monitor driving manner remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Club Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, good student, and pay in full.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, new vehicle discount, newly married, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not apply in your area. To see companies with significant discounts in Houston, click here.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Does my Lincoln MKC need full coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What if I total my Lincoln MKC and owe more than it’s worth?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Houston auto insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Houston.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Houston who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are searching for a good Houston insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
- Memorial Insurance Agency, LLC
13624 Memorial Dr – Houston, TX 77079 – (713) 461-8272 – View Map
- Baxter Insurance Agency, Inc.
450 North Sam Houston Pkwy E #103 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 445-1381 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Sean Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0555 – View Map
- James Banks – State Farm Insurance Agent
4809 Main St – Houston, TX 77002 – (713) 523-7100 – View Map
- Diego Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2575 S Dairy Ashford Rd m – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 496-5330 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
One last thing to lower rates
When shopping online for insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents. Discount Lincoln MKC insurance is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)