Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an expensive insurance policy? You’re in good company because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Sad but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Most drivers in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates online. Big companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Houston, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Hyundai with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Hyundai G80 but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your G80 definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How do Insurers Determine Hyundai G80 Insurance Prices?
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your premiums.
Get better rates if married – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Location can modify price – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates. Drivers who live in large Texas cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may seem good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
An active insurance claims history can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Texas give lower rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Cheaper Houston insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, drive less, safe driver, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Houston. For a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Houston, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Local Houston insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Houston who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How are claims handled?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
When finding a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Houston may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston who may provide you with rate quotes.
Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can give you rate quotes.
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
After you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will service your policy. Keep in mind you are entitled to terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for any length of time.
In the end, you can save money
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, high prices or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Hyundai G80 insurance prices online in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
When getting Houston car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)