Do you want to learn to get cheaper Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Houston? Are you drained from paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other drivers in Texas.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
Many insurers compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the best price available on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Houston.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Locating the best insurance company for you in Houston is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Texas car owners must know the way insurance companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
To find affordable Houston auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different Houston insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare Honda Accord Crosstour insurance prices is to get quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to all the different Houston insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the peace of mind of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparison shopping, comparing more prices helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you also need to get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$156||$306||$500||$30||$150||$1,142||$95|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$282||$580||$500||$30||$150||$1,542||$129|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$176||$360||$500||$30||$150||$1,216||$101|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$286||$572||$500||$30||$150||$1,538||$128|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$256||$486||$448||$26||$134||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Houston which can affect insurance rates noticeably.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below compares Honda Accord Crosstour insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Check for these discounts on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Houston
Some providers do not advertise every available discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Accord Crosstour insurance in Houston.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, mySafetyValet, air bags, defensive driver, bundled insurance, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, theft prevention, homeowners, 55 and older, good student, teen driver, and student driver.
- Travelers offers discounts including new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, student away at school, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, air bags, five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Houston, click here.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does their agency support local causes in Houston?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
After receiving reasonable responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an provider that can insure your vehicles.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Safer vehicles means cheaper insurance – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Stay claim-free and save – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas award discounts to people who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Does your occupation raise your premiums? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, police officers, and dentists tend to pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as professors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- High credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Honda Accord Crosstour by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Insurance loss data for a Honda Accord Crosstour – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Honda Accord Crosstour vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Honda Accord Crosstour Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your Honda Accord Crosstour
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance, paying for car insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Accord Crosstour, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
When getting Houston auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many ways to save on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Houston? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)