How long has it been since you shopped around for more affordable GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Houston? Are you baffled by the number of car insurance providers that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Vehicle owners have so many providers to choose from that it is a chore to locate the lowest car insurance rates for GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Houston. Houston has lots to offer, but expensive car insurance makes it impossible to stay on budget.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in the United States could save as much as $859 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rate on GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Houston six months ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Compare GMC Envoy XUV insurance rates
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so you need to compare quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates on GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Houston with these discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new Envoy XUV can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Cut prices and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Drivers with clean records get better rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one moving violation can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have multiple tickets such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Men are more aggressive – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Males and females tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- No car insurance gaps is important – Not having insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your GMC. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Beginning drivers in Texas are proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your car insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
- Frequent insurance claims increase car insurance rates – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas give lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Do I need an agent?
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Houston.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When searching for local Houston agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Houston can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Houston who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Memorial Insurance Agency, LLC
13624 Memorial Dr – Houston, TX 77079 – (713) 461-8272 – View Map
- Texas Prime Insurance Agency, LLC
6750 West Loop S #430 – Bellaire, TX 77401 – (713) 750-9000 – View Map
- Oscar’s Insurance Agency
5921 S Gessner Rd – Houston, TX 77036 – (713) 271-8889 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Houston exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 759-4300 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
- James Banks – State Farm Insurance Agent
4809 Main St – Houston, TX 77002 – (713) 523-7100 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Be skeptical of auto insurance ads
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your auto insurance policy to them. How can each company cost less than your current company? This is how they do it.
Different companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that will be a good risk. One example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 45, has a clear driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any person who fits that profile receive the lowest rate quotes in Houston as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who cannot meet the ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates and this can result in business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. That’s why companies can truthfully make those statements.
This really drives home the point why you need to get as many free Houston auto insurance quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Shop smart and save
When shopping online for auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Discount GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Houston is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Houston, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.