Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Ford Freestar insurance in Houston? No one in their right mind looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are too high.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Houston is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Nevertheless, Texas drivers do need to understand the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Compare quotes for Houston Ford Freestar insurance
To find affordable Houston car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from different companies. The fastest way to find competitive Ford Freestar insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance quotes online makes it a waste of time to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Ford Freestar insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Although you can get prices online but buy the policy through an agent. When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from them, too.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Freestar insurance, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Ford Freestar and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Freestar definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Will you really save $408 on insurance?
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the ads seem to make the promise about savings if you move to them. How can each company save you money on Ford Freestar insurance in Houston?
Different companies offer their best rates for the right customer that will generate a profit. An example of a profitable risk profile should be married and over the age of 30, has a low-risk occupation, and insures a new vehicle. Anybody that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred prices in Houston and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall short of this stringent profile will be quoted a higher rate which results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best prices. Because of these techniques, you should compare price quotes frequently. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Cheap Ford Freestar insurance quotes in Houston
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited. If you don’t get every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Freestar insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Houston car insurance quote as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Houston is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Distant Student Discount – Children living away from Houston attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Houston drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to analyze driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get reduced rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, bundle discounts, pay in full, good student, and youthful driver.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, good student, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and company car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA discounts include good student, annual mileage, loyalty savings, military installation, multi-policy, and new vehicle.
Double check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Houston?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Houston?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Below are agents in Houston that are able to give comparison quotes for Ford Freestar insurance in Houston.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
You can find affordable coverage
Cheaper car insurance in Houston can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Ford Freestar insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
When you buy Houston car insurance online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)