Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for the cheapest Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Houston? Cutting costs on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Houston is quite difficult for drivers who are new to online price comparisons. Consumers have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can easily turn into a difficult situation to find the perfect company for you.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in Texas could save themselves $1,800 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons yearly because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rate on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Houston a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$284||$502||$438||$26||$130||$1,380||$115|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$124||$218||$310||$18||$94||$764||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can affect price quotes considerably.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler PT Cruiser in Houston, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your PT Cruiser are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Less people translates into fewer accidents.
Always have auto insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Alarm systems systems cut rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your policy correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money. Improper usage on your PT Cruiser can cost quite a bit.
High credit rating translates to low costs – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chrysler PT Cruiser by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for before being credited.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some auto insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current PT Cruiser insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, location of vehicle, annual mileage, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, youthful driver, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, driver training, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for resident student, senior citizen, good payer, anti-theft, multi-policy, and teenSMART discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in your state. To find insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click this link.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- What is PIP insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do I need an insurance agency?
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Houston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Houston that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When finding a local Houston insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Houston that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Jason Jimenez Insurance Agency
8323 Southwest Fwy #390 – Houston, TX 77074 – (713) 270-0073 – View Map
- Noveri Insurance Agency
2657 Gessner Rd – Houston, TX 77080 – (713) 460-9400 – View Map
- Deborah A. Olson Insurance Agency, Inc.
10592 Fuqua St – Houston, TX 77089 – (281) 481-1903 – View Map
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston that can give you rate quotes.
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
- Brandon Herndon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 – Houston, TX 77096 – (832) 431-4222 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Houston should know the answers to these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How are they compensated?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
How much can you save?
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Houston car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-friendly insurance in Houston can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Houston car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)